Serve with us and experience the joy of sharing God’s love at Back to School Blast 2018!
The Back to School Blast is staffed by volunteers, whose gifts of time and service help achieve our mission: to serve Cleveland-area families providing the health screenings and school supplies their children need, all for free and under one roof in a fun, family environment.
We look with great expectation to how God will work, move, and shine through Blast 2018 on Saturday July 21, 2018 at the Garfield Memorial Church South Euclid Campus (1534 South Green Road, South Euclid 44121) & Saturday, July 28, 2018, from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM at the Garfield Memorial Church Pepper Pike Campus (3650 Lander Road, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124).
Each volunteer is asked to wear one of the following:
- A New 2018 Love Ambassador T-shirt $15.00 (Sold in The Worship Center Lobbies at either location)
- Or your favorite Cleveland Sports Team “We Are Better Together”
We appreciate any amount of time you are able to share, and we realize that volunteers may not be able to attend every pre-event meeting. Volunteer activities and dates include:
- All-volunteer orientation: July 27, 6:30 PM Facebook Live Garfield memorial Church & Garfield Memorial Church South Euclid Page. Also will be sent out in an email (by request)
- Pack Backpacks Sunday July 15th 4PM –Children’s Theater Pepper Pike
- Setup: July 20, 6-8 PM South Euclid Campus (food provided)
- Setup: July 27 6-8PM Pepper Pike Campus (food provided)
- Event-day volunteer check-in: South Euclid July 21, 9:30 AM, Event-day volunteer check-in: Pepper Pike July 28, 9:30 AM
- Event day: July 21/28, 10:00 AM (refugee pre-blast start time) 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (general registered guests) Pepper Pike Campus (Volunteer lunch and name tags provided. Please wear a red shirt or a superhero shirt.)
- Take-down: 3:00 PM on July 21st & 28
Click on the team names below to read descriptions of the teams. To sign up to serve, please click the button below. Signup is required. We’re looking forward to serving with you! Due to limited space and resources, childcare for children of volunteers is not provided at the event.
Team DescriptionsAmbassador and Welcome Team
Questions? Please visit our Contact page or FAQs. If you have signed up but circumstances arise that prevent you from volunteering, please contact your team lead as soon as possible, even if it is the morning of July 21st or 28th.