Serve with us and experience the joy of sharing God’s love at Back to School Blast 2017!
The Back to School Blast is staffed by volunteers, whose gifts of time and service help achieve our mission: to serve Cleveland-area families enrolled in Medicaid or without health insurance by providing the health screenings and school supplies their children need, all for free and under one roof in a fun, family environment.
We look with great expectation to how God will work, move, and shine through Blast 2017 on Saturday, July 29, 2017, from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM at the Garfield Memorial Church Pepper Pike Campus (3650 Lander Road, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124).
We will have a 10:00 AM pre-Blast start time for your refugee families with interrupters to give these amazing families as much time as needed to complete the screening sessions of the Blast. The rest of the Back to School Blast starts at 11:00 AM for the rest of our registered guests.
Each volunteer is asked to wear one of the following:
- A New 2017 Love Ambassador T-shirt
- Or any superhero T-shirt or plain red t-shirt
We appreciate any amount of time you are able to share, and we realize that volunteers may not be able to attend every pre-event meeting. Volunteer activities and dates include:
- Attending team meetings as scheduled by your team leader
- All-volunteer orientation: July 24, 6:30 PM, Pepper Pike Campus (food & childcare provided)
- Setup: July 28, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Pepper Pike Campus (food provided)
- Event-day volunteer check-in: July 29, 8:30 AM, Pepper Pike Campus
- Event day: July 29, 10:00 AM (refugee pre-blast start time) 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (general registered guests) Pepper Pike Campus (Volunteer lunch and name tags provided. Please wear a red shirt or a superhero shirt.)
- Take-down: 3:00 PM on July 29
Click on the team names below to read descriptions of the teams. To sign up to serve, please click the button below. Signup is required. We’re looking forward to serving with you! Due to limited space and resources, childcare for children of volunteers is not provided at the event. If you have children 16 years or older, we encourage them to sign up to serve along with you!
Volunteer Registration Is Now Closed For This Year
Team DescriptionsAmbassador and Welcome Team
Questions? Please visit our Contact page or FAQs. If you have signed up but circumstances arise that prevent you from volunteering, please contact your team lead as soon as possible, even if it is the morning of July 29.